Young Musicians Bursary
A GRANT(S) OF UP TO £1000.00 pa CAN BE MADE TO ANY ENTRANT IN AN INDIVIDUAL CLASS IN THIS YEAR'S WYCOMBE ORPHEUS FESTIVAL OF YOUNG MUSICIANS.
THE AWARD IS TO BE USED TO FURTHER THE MUSICAL EDUCATION OF THE CHOSEN APPLICANT(S).
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 1ST APRIL 2018
(but see Rule 9 below).
ADDITIONALLY A GRANT OF UP TO £1000.00 CAN BE MADE TO ANY PREVIOUS PARTICIPANT IN AN INDIVIDUAL CLASS IN A WYCOMBE ORPHEUS YOUNG MUSICIANS FESTIVAL TO HELP COVER UNEXPECTED MUSICAL RELATED EXPENSES.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE MADE AT ANY TIME.
Wycombe Orpheus Male Voice Choir
REGISTERED CHARITY NO. 298518
Young Musicians Bursary Fund
The High Wycombe Orpheus Male Voice Choir known as the Wycombe Orpheus Male Voice Choir
(W O M V C) or the Choir.
The Choir Website www.wycombeorpheus.org.uk
The Festival of Young Musicians, promoted and organised annually by the Choir, usually in March.
The Choir Annual Concert normally held in the Swan Theatre High Wycombe in early May.
The Trustees. The Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer for the time being of the Choir.
Criteria for eligibility
1) Applications must be made between the 1st January and 1st April, but see Rule 9 below.
2) Applicants must reside or attend school in Buckinghamshire and should participate in an individual class of the Choir Festival of Young Musicians in the current year. Exceptionally, if an individual or ensemble is unable to participate for good reason, their application may also be considered by the Choir Trustees.
3) A Grant or Grants may be made for the purchase or hire of music or instruments and/or musical tuition fees or other expenses directly linked to the beneficiary’s furtherance of their musical education.
4) The grant may be of any amount up to a maximum of £1000 to any individual or ensemble in any one year and may be paid as a lump sum or in instalments as appropriate.
5) Further grants may be made to an individual or ensemble in subsequent years, subject to a separate application. But an individual or ensemble may not receive a Main Award and a Contingency Award (see below) in the same year.
6) Receipts will be required in support of expenditure covered by the Grants made.
7) In addition to musical talent, commitment and musical aspirations, family circumstances will also be taken into account.
8) Applications must be made on the Choir’s Official Application Form downloadable from this Website at the top and foot of this page, or obtainable from Craig Lewis, Secretary of the Wycombe Orpheus Male Voice Choir, 28 Old Kiln Road, Flackwell Heath, Bucks. HP10 9NR. Tel 01628 528550.
9) The closing date for applications is the 1st April in any year. However an application prior to the Festival in early March will allow special attention to be paid by the Trustees or their nominees to the applicant’s musical ability and commitment and may obviate the need for a Rule 10 interview.
10) Applicants may be required to attend an interview with parental/teacher support and perform for the Trustees if required.
11) Successful Applicants must be prepared to perform at a minimum of three Choir concerts, including the annual concert, normally held at the Swan Theatre High Wycombe in early May each year, if requested.
12) If an applicant is a close family member of a Trustee that Trustee must declare an interest and take no further part in the selection process.
13) The Trustees reserve the right to make no Grant in any particular year.
14) The Choir is an equal opportunity organisation and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on any grounds.
15) The Choir takes your privacy seriously. The data provided on the application form will not be used for any other purpose or passed to others.
16) The Trustees reserve the right to review these criteria as deemed necessary and their decision on any matter is final.
Wycombe Savoy Opera Company Young Musicians Vocalist Award
The Wycombe Savoy Opera Company (WSOC) has now been wound up and has generously deposited £3000 in the Wycombe Orpheus Young Musicians Bursary Fund to be used to make an award of £500 in each of the 6 years commencing in 2013, to a deserving Young Musician Vocalist.
Apart from having to be a vocalist all the Rules for Main Awards above apply.
Vocalists may apply for both a Main Award and a WSOC Award in the same year but only one award can be made.
Criteria for eligibility
Additionally a grant of up to £1000 can be made to any previous participant in an individual or ensemble class in a Wycombe Orpheus Young Musicians Festival to help cover unexpected musical related expenses.
The Choir Trustees may also consider applications from projects that will benefit Young Musicians.
1) The purpose of the Contingency Award(s) is to provide funds to enable a Young Musician to meet a musical emergency when family finances are tight. Examples of the sorts of things that might be considered are travelling expenses to attend special unscheduled training sessions or performances etc etc.
2) Applicants must have participated at some stage in their careers in an individual class of the Wycombe Orpheus Festival of Young Musicians or its predecessor Young Musician competitions
3) Applicants must be under the age of 20 years at the time of application
4) Applications can be made at any time during the year.
5) Applicants must reside in Buckinghamshire and/or have supported the Wycombe Orpheus Choir within the previous 3 years by appearing as a guest performer in one or more of their concerts.
6) Sections 1,2 and 9 of the criteria for eligibility for the Main Award(s) do not apply. All other criteria apply.
7) Applicants may only receive one of the following: A Main Award or a WSOC Vocalists Award or a Contingency Award in the same year.
Left-click to View PDF, right-click to Download:
These Rules here
Bursary Award Application Form here